Subject: Booting trouble...
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gaurav Banga <gaurav@cs.rice.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/03/1995 19:41:44
Hi ,

I am facing this problem getting my SparcStation 1 to run with the standard
binary distribution of NetBSD. I did all the things that is talked about
in the INSTALL file but now I get the following error:

My boot command is boot sd()netbsd -bsv.

The boot program loads up and prints its version info and the three sizes
but then it says:

note: lost 3 pages in translation

Then the UC  Copyright notice comes up and then I get:

stray interrupt ipl c pc=f80fd818 npc=f80fd81c psr=4007c5<S,PS>
stray interrupt ipl c pc=f80fd818 npc=f80fd81c psr=4007c5<S,PS>
	.
	.
	.

repeatedly and then:

panic: crazy interrupts
rebooting

Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong? FI, probe-scsi on the
boot prompt says:

Target 3

 Unit 0 Disk Quantum P105SS 910-10-95A.1 08/31/89401202023 GENERIC

I got the stuff on to this disk by booting the machine on SunOS off
then net.

Thanks

-Gaurav