Subject: Re: KGDB?
To: Francis Dupont <francis.dupont@inria.fr>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/17/1995 19:23:37
Hi,

on Fri, 17 Feb 1995 12:20:20 +0100 Francis Dupont wrote
concerning "Re: KGDB? " something like this:

>   > Is it my fault or is KGDB not working on the sparc?
>
> => kgdb works only with the LBL gdb not the standard GNU gdb
> (your hint is accurate, protocols are different). I had the same
> problem with 4.4BSD...

Does anybody know of/have an updated version for NetBSD-current? 4.4BSD and
NetBSD have already diverged too far ...

(I managed to compile LBL gsb for 4.4BSD with some minor tweaks, but it
doesn't work)

> PS: here is the README.LBL of LBL gdb-4.7 I use :
[...]
> This is an alpha release of the LBL contribution.  We are making
> it available at this time so it can be included on the 4.4BSD tape.
> We are in the progress of writing documention, which when complete,
> will prompt the general release of kgdb.  Look for it via anonymous
> ftp on ftp.ee.lbl.gov.

It's not there (yet). I found it in the contribution software for 4.4BSD on
our local ftp mirror.

I really wonder how other people are debugging their kernels? Are you all
perfect programmers?

Surprised,
	Rolf