Subject: KGDB?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rolf Grossmann <grossman@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/16/1995 19:06:04
Hi,

has anybody got some experience using remote debugging with (k)gdb?

I have built a kernel with

options KGDB                    # support for kernel gdb
options KGDBDEV=0xc01, KGDBRATE=38400   # device & baud rate

and I have connected 2 hosts with a serial line, but when I boot one with
netbsd -d and run gdb on the other one and enter 'target remote /dev/ttyb'
there is no connection established. Also, looking at the source for gdb
and sparc/kgdb_* it seems to me, like they are talking 2 different protocols.

Is it my fault or is KGDB not working on the sparc?

Bye, Rolf

PS: The kernel prints "kgdb waiting..." and when I try to connect and it
    receives characters it prints data about "trap type 0x88" and then
    "panic: kgdb exec", while gdb prints
	Couldn't establish connection to remote target
	putpkt: couldn't read ACK: Resource temporarily unavailable.