Subject: NetBSD-sparc si driver
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Drew Dean <ddean@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/1995 00:26:56
I'm trying to build a NetBSD/sparc kernel (under SunOS, with appropriate cross
tools from Paul Kranenburg) with the si driver, as you mentioned in your
mail to port-sparc.  I'm having three problems:
	1) #include <machine/obio.h> -- this header doesn't exist for
the SPARC -- I've #ifndef'd it out, along with the case BUS_OBIO:
clauses.  This should be OK, since I have the VME board....

	2) #include <machine/isr.h> -- this header doesn't exist for the SPARC
(although it's only protoypes), but .../arch/sparc/sparc/isr.c doesn't exist
either -- it appears the SPARC has rather different interrupt handler setup
routines (.../arch/sparc/sparc/intr.c).

	3) #include <machine/autoconf.h> -- the struct confargs are very
different for the Sun-3 and SPARC.

 Sun-3:
struct confargs {
        int ca_bustype;         /* BUS_OBIO, ... */
        int ca_paddr;           /* physical address */
        int ca_intpri;          /* interrupt priority level */
        int ca_intvec;          /* interrupt vector index */
};

SPARC:
struct confargs {
        int     ca_bustype;
        struct  romaux ca_ra;
        int     ca_slot;
        int     ca_offset;
};

I don't see an obvious mapping between the two....

So it's a little harder than just dropping si.c + scsi_*.h from the Sun-3
port into the sparc....

I'm building using the January 21 sys.tar.gz; I looked at the January 28
tarball, but none of the files appear to have changed.

Thanks for your help,
Drew Dean
<ddean@cs.princeton.edu>