Subject: SunOS compatibility
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Donaldson <matthew@cs.adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/1995 10:09:29
Hi all.  Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm interested to
know what is planned for SunOS compatibility (e.g. execution of SunOS
binaries etc).  Currently this is pretty good, though I have found a few gaps
like no F_GETLK and F_SETLK fcntls (breaks SunOS xdm) and no setlocale
function (breaks SunOS tcsh).  Is further work planned on this feature, or is
it considered just something temporary to allow people to bootstrap their
systems?

I ask because we're considering running NetBSD on our systems at some stage,
and I think many vendors will not be quick to release Sparc NetBSD executables
for their programs, therefore SunOS compatibility would be fairly important
to us.

Thanks for any info

		-Matthew

| Matthew Donaldson                     Email: matthew@cs.adelaide.edu.au  |
| Computer Science Department           Phone: +61 8 303 5583          _   |
| University of Adelaide                Fax:   +61 8 303 4366   John  / \/ |
| South Australia 5005                  Telex: UNIVAD AA89141   3:16  \_/\ |