Subject: Re: kernal panic.
To: Jay Koski <jayk@eskimo.com>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/29/1995 11:27:09
> 	I went and grabbed the latest kernal source and config.new
> from -current, compiled it, booted up the new kernal, and got a couple
> of new messages...
>
> nfs_boot
> panic: revarp failed, error=51
>
> 	 I'm not using a diskless machine, I've never seen the "nfs_boot"
> part before, and I don't know how to get rid of it! Anyone know what
> this means and how to get the kernal to boot up?

I wasn't going to complain this time, since its usually me that
gets it wrong, but no. I used GENERIC_SCSI3 as a template which
has the config line poing root and swap at nfs.

I then gave it up as a bad job, but I am sure if you change the line in the kernel config file to something like:

	config netbsd root on sd0 swap on sd0 and sd1

or whatever...

I wans't going to try remotely rebooting, and I will wait to try
my kernel tomorrow.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy					work: peter@demon.net