Subject: Searching for a kernel....
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Drew Dean <ddean@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/27/1995 22:18:22
I'm trying to get NetBSD up on my Sun 4/280 with a Sun3 SCSI interface.
I've gotten everything but a kernel setup on my SCSI disk from the January 8
snapshot.  Alas, said snapshot did not include kernel sources.  I've
hacked away (installing bmake and config.new) to the point where I can
configure a kernel, but I can't build it.  I'm trying to build the
January 21 sources with gcc 2.5.8 (with -nostdinc and all the headers coming
from NetBSD), but there are fairly severe compliation problems.  I suspect
that this all works much better if one's running NetBSD to start with :-),
so I'll ask if anyone can make available a kernel that:
	* Has Sun4 (not Sun4c!) support
	* Has the si driver in it, and
	* Boots off of sd0 (at SCSI ID 0 -- but I can change this)
	* It would be nice if it had the ie (not le) Ethernet driver in it, too

Thanks,
Drew Dean