Subject: Re: more on compiling -current
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG, darrenr@vitruvius.arbld.unimelb.edu.au>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/1995 10:18:02
> If you're compiling from an old conf., make a new one and ensure that
> "options MACHINE_NONCONTIG" is defined; at least doing this sovled my
> problem with it panic'ing in vm_pager_atop() as it booted.  I didn't
> see this in any of the sys/arch/sparc/conf/ files.

Hmm, this ought not be so. MACHINE_NONCONTIG (still) is optional, though
care should be taken when building kernels: do `make depend' or `make clean'
after toggling this option. This is because work on it is not yet finished
(though it does work).

Also, I hope to avoid having a mandatory "option" like this in the configuration
files; I'd rather put it in <machine/vmparam.h>.

-pk