Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc re-partitioning disks
To: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1994 09:21:53
On Tue, 20 Dec 1994 15:35:08 +0000 (GMT)
 David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk> wrote:

 > 	Would there be any chance of including in the distrib/notes/sparc
 > 	some approximate indication of what disk space is required to do
 > 	a source compile (will 300Mb be enough? - ie a 300Mb partition for
 > 	the source alone)

I have a ~340mb partition on my hp300 which holds source, object code for
the hp300, and partial object code for the i386 (I haven't finished
compiling that one yet, so I wont' give an estimate...)

 > 	Also - is there a file somewhere that tells me how to do a full
 > 	source compile then install?
 > 	(Go into each dir & do a make, then make install? :)

I usually do this:

cd /usr/src
make clean
(cd include; make install)
(cd lib; make depend; make; make install)
make depend; make; make install

If any of the global makefiles have changed, I install those first, but
that doesn't happen too often...

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe               thorpej@cs.orst.edu                 758-2003
OJGSE NERO Project               CSWest Room 5                    737-5567
Shared Computing Environment Group         http://www.cs.orst.edu/~thorpej

   "Morality and law are merely conventions adopted out of mutual fear."
		-- Plato