Subject: NetBSD/sparc re-partitioning disks
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/20/1994 15:35:08
	This doesn't feel like the right place to post this question, but I
	can't find a better one - if anybody knows one please let me know for
	next time (if there is one :)

	I've just installed NetBSD-1.0 on a 2nd disk, and I want to
	repartition the original disk to hold a copy of 1.0A src so I can
	compile & install it. Can I do this under NetBSD?
	(disklabel seems to think its not needed :)

	Would there be any chance of including in the distrib/notes/sparc
	some approximate indication of what disk space is required to do
	a source compile (will 300Mb be enough? - ie a 300Mb partition for
	the source alone)

	Also - is there a file somewhere that tells me how to do a full
	source compile then install?
	(Go into each dir & do a make, then make install? :)

	Sorry to bother you with this!

		Thanks
				David

  D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk (MIME). Network Analyst. Postmaster. Hostmaster.
              (>=-=<)   Telephone: (+44) 171 477 8186.   (>=-=<)
  Computing Services, City University, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB.
  \ Gratuitous advertising      Monochrome BBS      telnet mono.city.ac.uk \