Subject: mysterious netbooting
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@abacaxis.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/11/1994 13:45:12
Guys,
	In the latest sup a GENERIC_SCSI3 kernel that I compiled
half-way during the boot decided to start netbooting on le0. This I
thought was very strange, anyone else have similar problems or can
point me to what foolish thing I have missed that caused this. I also
notice that the new scsi changes make the boot up probes do some kind
of correction on my disks and the label for each disk gets printed
out.

	The netboot attempt that netbsd made was real intelligent as
it was able to discern the swap device to use over the net and
everything. Weird.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu