Subject: UPDATE: Re: MBONE tools for NetBSD/SPARC 1.0 now available
To: None <mbone@venera.ISI.EDU>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/1994 18:53:08
In article <9412040942.AA05762@isolar.tujunga.ca.us> I wrote:
> Hopefully in time for folks to catch the next IETF meeting, I would like to
> announce that I have made up a distribution of MBONE tools for use on SPARC
> machines running the NetBSD/SPARC 1.0 operating system.
>
> The distribution is available via the following URLs:
>
> http://www-mipl.jpl.nasa.gov/~earle/NetBSD/MBONE.netbsd_sparc.tar.gz (8+ Mb)
> http://www-mipl.jpl.nasa.gov/~earle/NetBSD/MBONE.netbsd_sparc.CKSUM
>
> Warning: this is 9 Mb gzip'd; 26+ Mb unbundled.
>
> For those people who are URL or Web browser challenged, I have also made it
> available via anonymous FTP from the following site:
>
> ftp://elroy.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/MBONE.netbsd_sparc.tar.gz
> ftp://elroy.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/MBONE.netbsd_sparc.CKSUM
>
> This site is a poor overburdened Sun-4/380 that already is a news server, so
> please don't use it unless you have to.

Just a short followup announcement ...

I have replaced the above referenced files with a newer "release".

Changes from the original release:

- The version of "vic" is now 2.6 (was 2.5)

- The version of the whacked SunOS "wb" is now 1.59 (was 1.58)

- The SunOS binaries ("vat", "wb" and "sd") all need to link to a SunOS
  libX11.so.4.NN, so one is included

- Some bug fixes to the support for ImageMagick's "display" program, as
  invoked from "imm"

Known problems with the software:

- Same as last time :-)

Enjoy,