Subject: Re: Wedging a system via remote high-bandwidth X programs
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/07/1994 01:39:24
   As I said the first time:

   > P.S. Can one boot a 1.0 system under DDB?  If so, what is required to do so?
   >      (ddb(4) isn't terribly forthcoming on the subject)

as far as i'm aware, just `options DDB' in the config file
is all you need.  the problem is that it's fairly hard to
use currently.  the sunos boot blocks stop some feature
from working (i think symbol table stuff.. pk?), and the
total lack of anything but a copyright in
sys/arch/sparc/sparc/db_disasm.c stops you disassembling
anything on the fly.  but besides this it seems to work ok.
i've been running it since 0.9c days i think.. (ie, a long
time ago.. ;-) .. i've been getting a little sick of writing
down numbers to work out where my lately hacked failed
lately, though...so if you want to fix it, feel free!  ;-)

.mrg.

ps: use `machine prom' to get back to the prom with the
sparc ddb.