Subject: Re: Wedging a system via remote high-bandwidth X programs
To: None <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
From: David S. Miller <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/06/1994 11:18:57
   From: Robert Evans <r.evans@ic.ac.uk>
   Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 14:37:53 +0000
   Sender: owner-port-sparc@netbsd.org

   On Dec 6,  4:11am, Greg Earle wrote:
   } Being on cranial auto-pilot, I then typed
   }
   } 	ok sync
   }
   } and was reminded "This ain't SunOS, bucko":
   }
   } 	No callback routine has been installed
   } 	ok

   Is it possible to re-enter the kernel after a watchdog? The console sync
   command works on my SLC (see /sys/arch/sparc/sparc/autoconf.c), so I'm
   guessing that something else trashed some of the PROM's pointers. Of
   course, I'm probably talking complete garbage. :-)

   Rob

Since the netbsd-sparc kernel properly maps the (void *sync()) prom
vector (I think) in all contexts, this should work properly. I have
hung a netbsd machine a few times and have gotten it to work.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu