Subject: Re: Theo's fix ...
To: Chris Torek <torek@bsdi.com>
From: Vareck Bostrom <bostrov@lava.cs.orst.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/30/1994 10:04:31
In message <199411282333.QAA06432@BSDI.COM>, Chris Torek writes:
>You will get bigger dhrystones for a `raw' gcc 2.4.5 than for the
>BSDI port of gcc 2.4.5, because we turned off some default inlining
>that mainly just inflates dhrystone results.
>
>Chris

I get very similar results between the two. Is that turning off of the
default inlining the same as not using "-finline-functions" ? If I used
-finline-functions would that equate the two?

The difference is something like 98,300 dhrystones to 99,100 dhrystones.

I had expected something on the order of other 90 specint92 machines,
an HP 712/80, for example, manages 84.3 spec92int and manages 136612.0
dhrys.

- Vareck Bostrom

Workstation (n) : A class of computer designed to run benchmarks.