Subject: Re: theo's fix..
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Vareck Bostrom <bostrov@lava.cs.orst.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/27/1994 19:23:41
In message <199411270655.RAA08311@splode.mame.mu.OZ.AU>, matthew green writes:

>sigh.  when i rebooted with the new kernel and started X i
>saw an immediate improvement.  X took just over 1/2 as long
>to start up.  then a few hours later i decided to try out
>the dhry tests again.  i almost wish i hadn't.

I'd like to confirm that theo's fix, while it appears to make the machine
somewhat faster (perhaps because of an overactive imagination on my part)
dhrystone test does not show any improvment, I still show dhry-danamic
of 8800 on a sparcstation IPC. While IPC's aren't excatly the fastest
machines on the planet, I'm fairly sure they're faster than 3/60's.

- bostrov@research.cs.orst.edu