Subject: Re: NFS problems with sunos machines to netbsd sparc
To: None <chuck@zephyr.ccrc.wustl.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/1994 11:28:05
   Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 10:01:02 -0600
   From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@zephyr.ccrc.wustl.edu>
   Cc: port-sparc@netbsd.org

   >   Setting nfs_portmon to 0 on SunOS solves the problem.
   >   When nfs_portmon is set to 1, I get error messages dealing with weak
   >   authentication. If you want the exact messages, I can recreate them.
   >
   >Yes,  I realized this was possible. But I can not due this due to
   >security concerns. I just want to be able to plop a netbsd machine
   >into an already existing networking setup and make it a usable
   >machine, I should not have to  reconfigure my servers to get one new
   >machine to work, especially in this case.

   Dave-
      what are you using in /etc/fstab?   it should look like this:

   remote:/fs                     /fs     nfs     rw,-b,-P        0 0
							^^

						   use priv port

Ok, and can I add another option I need such as this?

   remote:/fs                     /fs     nfs     rw,-b,-P,-c        0 0

If so thanks for pointing this out. Will 'amd' know what to do with this?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu