Subject: Re: NFS problems with sunos machines to netbsd sparc
To: None <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@zephyr.ccrc.wustl.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/23/1994 10:01:02
>   Setting nfs_portmon to 0 on SunOS solves the problem.
>   When nfs_portmon is set to 1, I get error messages dealing with weak
>   authentication. If you want the exact messages, I can recreate them.
>
>Yes,  I realized this was possible. But I can not due this due to
>security concerns. I just want to be able to plop a netbsd machine
>into an already existing networking setup and make it a usable
>machine, I should not have to  reconfigure my servers to get one new
>machine to work, especially in this case.

Dave-
   what are you using in /etc/fstab?   it should look like this:

remote:/fs                     /fs     nfs     rw,-b,-P        0 0
                                                     ^^

                                                use priv port

    if you are running diskless, it should still work ok.   i sent
in a patch a few month ago which causes diskless boot to use priv
port numbers.   (it still works for me...)

cheers,
chuck
--
Chuck Cranor