Subject: NFS problems with sunos machines to netbsd sparc
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: David S. Miller <davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/22/1994 05:02:47
I have an ELC sparc which I have set up as a basically production
machine. Here this entails:

1) Setting up proxy-arping to our name-server
2) running ypbind to talk to the subnets ypserver
3) running scripts which set up all the links and the directory
   structure to have all the home directories mounted by amd
   at runtime.

Well, all goes fine until amd runs and starts trying to mount things
from the sunos4.1.3 nfs server. All requests to this main server must
be on priviledged ports, I believe this may be part of the problem.

However, I am able to mount these directories without a hitch by hand
using:

mount_nfs -P -c someserver:/directory/path /directory/path

I have a strange feeling that I am missing something stupid
here. Packet traces show that the request is going to the server and
no response at all is being sent back, it just sits there. Any help
would be appreciated.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@nadzieja.rutgers.edu