Subject: Sun 4/200 CPU card needed
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/15/1994 19:04:52
NetBSD/sparc has come a long way. Almost every step of the way has
been due to hardware donations:

1) The merging of Chris Torek's code into NetBSD was done on my boss' SS2,
   which I rebooted about 20x each night for 3 weeks.
2) Someone (anonymous) made a generous donation of an IPC, on which I've
   maintained the NetBSD/sparc port since.
3) Chuck Cranor wrote some excellent 4/300 code -- unfortunately this
   needed differently compiled binaries, etc.  I made (extensive)
   modifications to so the same kernel can be used on both sun4 & sun4c
   architectures. Someone else (anonymous, in Australia) donated a 4/300 to
   me to help me with my side of this work. The 4/300 code is not in the 1.0
   release -- but it is fully running!
4) Demon Internet donated a sun4m machine to me -- an SS5. I'll start working
   on sun4m support again (it arrived yesterday :-)

Meanwhile, Chuck Cranor wants to work on getting the 4/200 working (then
perhaps the 4/100). Does anyone have any hardware they can send him?  He
is in St. Louis -- a 4/200 motherboard and a memory board would be
needed.

I also doubt Chuck would argue if someone wanted to use his office as
a dumping ground for a 4/100. :-)