Subject: Problems with installing 1.0
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sam C. Nicholson !! <scion@symtec.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/11/1994 17:01:16
Greetings;

1) The new dist scheme makes it very difficult to install on a NetBSD
	newfs'ed /usr.  It is not possible from SunOS ( well not with out
	a long session with fsck afterwards), because there is no clean
	separation between the root filesystem files and the /usr ones.

2) The "statically" linked gtar in the install directory is dynamic instead.

3) The install.sh has a typo: no space around "]" in test args.

4) The kernel netbsd.first_scsi hangs after proclaiming that it is going
	to use "/sbin/init"

   However, this may be the result of mistakes I made in trying to get around
	(1) above.

I am starting over this weekend; hoping that I just overlooked something.

Regards,
-sam