Subject: Re: Status of sun4c, sun4m and MP ports
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1994 12:01:57
> I have heard rumors that sun4m is also supported.  A few questions:

At the moment only the sun4c is available (a few of us have some working
sun4/300 code that isn't ready for public consumption yet).

the code for the sun4m doesn't exist yet, because I don't yet have
hardware at hand. I've written small untested little bits which are
already in the tree, but two large pieces are missing. I can't write
those without a machine. (I've got a machine on the way.)

> - (Putting asbestos suit on) How difficult would it be to support the
>   dual-processor SparcServer 670/MP?

I don't know. We have no multiprocessor capability. It might be possible
to run such a machine with only one processor. That would have to wait
for sun4m support to exist.