Subject: Re: Issues with X11R6 native on NetBSD/sparc
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.tujunga.ca.us>
From: Sam C. Nicholson !! <scion@symtec.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1994 10:38:24
Greg sez:>

>Does a CG6 work?  With X11R6?

We'll find out this weekend ( Between moving and visiting relatives -- sigh )

>I suggest applying fix-05 as well.
>Then you can apply the NetBSD patches and be on your way.

I did a:
R6 -> fix-01..04 -> patches you posted -> changes to site.def -> fix-05
patch complained not a whet.

>> 2. Makefiles in programs/xdm/config and programs/xinit are broken
>>
>>     making all in programs/xdm/config...
>>     "Makefile", line 5: Need an operator
>
>Hmmn, this didn't happen to me ... I wonder if the SharedXmuReqs change to
>bsdLib.tmpl, perhaps?  (I didn't make that change when I built it originally)
>> I am going to ad an argument of YES to the #defines in site.cf to see ...
>
>I suggest you check the Imakefile and Makefile for spaces vs. tabs, although
>it would help if you told us just what *is* on line 5 of your Makefiles ...

My line 5 is the same as yours, a comment.  Could this indicate a bug in
make such that it only counts non-comment lines?

Actually it worked to just add the YESs.  Though I will check for tab/space
correctness next time I am down there.

>Ah, you got bitten by the "crypt" Secret Hidden File Trick :-)
>Read the RELNOTES:

"_Manuals_ We don't need no steenkin' Manuals!"  Relnotes, though -- OK. ;)

Looks like that covers it.  Ought to build now.  Let you know if
the cg6 works.

Thanks
-sam