Subject: Re: Issues with X11R6 native on NetBSD/sparc
To: Sam C. Nicholson !! <scion@symtec.com>
From: Andre Skarzynski <abs@itu3.sun.ac.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1994 08:03:04
Sam C. Nicholson !! wrote :

> 2. Makefiles in programs/xdm/config and programs/xinit are broken
>
>     making all in programs/xdm/config...
>     "Makefile", line 5: Need an operator
>
>     making all in programs/xinit...
>     "Makefile", line 5: Need an operator

I must say, I did not have the above...

> 3. cannot find Wraphelp.c when depending in lib/X11
>
>     ../../config/makedepend/makedepend: warning:  cannot open "Wraphelp.c"
>     depending in lib/X11...
>     make: don't know how to make ../../lib/Xdmcp/Wraphelp.c (continuing)
>     `depend' not remade because of errors.

Right, here you need to get Wraphelp.c, which is not available in the
distribution because of the DES code. If you are in the states, you should be
able to get it in the xdm-auth dir on the X11 ftp distribution site... such
as ftp.X.org...

BTW I have X11R6 working on my SUN Sparcstation 1+  including fixes to get the
xterm to put entries in the wtmp. The only problem I have is with xterm and
(ctrl-mouse) functions which cause a core dump... unless linked static.

I have not applied patch 05 (yet).

Regards.

Andre'
--
Andre B. Skarzynski  -- Information Technology, University of Stellenbosch --
abs@itu1.sun.ac.za   ------- Tel: +27 21 8084293 Fax: +27 21 8084102 --------