Subject: Quasi-mirror site for Theo's July NetBSD/SPARC binary distribution
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: - Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/1994 22:55:34
Due to frustration over being hardly ever able to FTP into sun-lamp at any
time over several days, I decided that I should make the SPARC binaries
available to someone who decides to grab them on a whim and suffers the same
fate.

So I put the latest of Theo's snapshots up and made it available from my WWW
Home Page on my work machine.  The URL is

	http://www-mipl.jpl.nasa.gov/~earle/NetBSD

One thing I noticed is that XMosaic/Lynx/etc. will show you a README file if
it exists, so in addition to a file menu it spills out the latest README.
That README doesn't mention July 17th/18th, so it might confuse people.

Maybe Theo could sneak a

	Sparc Binary Snapshot #4: Mon Jul 18 xx:yy:zz MDT 1994	src: Jul 17.

or similar into the existing README so it matches the dates on the files ...

Oh, the files referencable via the above URL are *not* gzip'ped, as I use
them to "dd" direct to a 1/4" tape I use to build a system from scratch.
(I have spare disk space and am too lazy to "gzcat" them every time I want
 to write a new tape.  Sorry ... )

Note that the SPARC binaries are the only thing I have available.  There
is no mirror of anything else.  I just felt that this might come in handy
for somebody that couldn't get onto sun-lamp or net-1.IAState.EDU ...

	- Greg