Subject: Re: X server for sparc
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/26/1994 04:44:30
Dennis Ferguson writes:
 > On another note, it turned out there wasn't much wrong with the server
 > after all.  Xsun, xterm, twm and xinit all seem to work fine so far.  Building
 > the server really only requires some stuff in NetBSD.cf, the above mentioned
 > #include files mentioned in the source, and some #ifdef's to comment out
 > code for hardware NetBSD doesn't support.

This entire discussion causes me to question what I've been missing so
far.

I'm still hung up on getting a working imake.  The closest I've gotten
(now that the fread() seg-faulting bug seems to have been fixed) is an
imake that fills in NULLs for every newline character.  It doesn't
finish creating the final Makefile, either.  Are you compiling the R6
imake out of the box?  I've tried that, and I've tried porting it so
seamlessly that gcc -Wall is happy.  Still no luck.

Or are you (dare I ask?) just using a SunOS-compiled imake?

- Geoff