Subject: Re: ufs_mountroot missing?
To: None <greywolf@autodesk.com>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/25/1994 20:09:18
>> This [ufs_mountroot undefined] is a symptom of your kernel source
>> tree being newer than your config.new binary.  Rebuild config.new
>> from sources that correspond to your kernel source [...]
> Am I to understand that config.new creates swapgeneric.c?

Yes.

> It doesn't appear that way since if I zap swapgeneric.c, "make
> depend" fails.

Same as if you zap any of many other files config.new creates.  make
depend does not run config.new.  Remember how kernel configuration
works:

1) cd arch/sparc/conf
2) edit FOO
3) config.new FOO
4) cd ../compile/FOO
5) make depend
6) make

Your swapxxx.c is created at step 3.  If you nuke it and then try to
run later steps without recreating it, they'll fail, yupyup.

> I must just be tired.

That'll do it.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu