Subject: Re: NetBSD on Sun-4/100?
To: None <mjacob@Legato.COM, dlm@cac.washington.edu>
From: Matt Jacob <mjacob@Legato.COM>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/13/1994 13:28:10
>From dlm@cac.washington.edu Mon Jun 13 11:20:19 1994
>
>>From the responses I have so far, it looks like to get NetBSD running on
>a Sun4/110, we need to:
>
>	1.  Tune the MMU code.
>
>	2.  Write a SCSI driver for the onboard sw controller.
>
>	3.  Write an intel Ethernet driver.
>
>	4.  Write a VME driver.

Interesting. For #1, there's the issue of the SCRAM cache on the 4/110-
plus various things busted in gate arrays. For #2, it would probably
be desirable to make this as a common NCR5380/{Sun DMA Engines} host
adapter driver. For #3, well, er...ummm...Ooohhh...that hurt.... For
#4, the VME i/f on the 4/110 is slave only, so it might desirable only
for folks who want to put ALM boards in place. I'd add a #5- need to
add at least some kind of dumb P4 frame buffer driver unless you just
want a serial console.