Subject: Re: NetBSD on Sun-4/100?
To: None <dlm@cac.washington.edu, port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/12/1994 23:11:37
> A cursory review of the archives and READMEs indicates that the current port
> probably does not run on a 4/110?  What would be involved in getting it
> working?

Hopefully Chris Torek will have some more comments on this too.

The sun4-series (ie. 4/100, 4/200, 4/300, 4/400?) mmu is similar to
the sun4c mmu. A few things change, most importantly the machine's
native pagesize is 8K instead of 4K. Precautions have been taken for
this and other changes. It doesn't look as if enough precautions have
been taken, almost assuredly it won't compile now.

Other things: No driver for the intel ethernet, or vme bus. The 4/110
in specific has the `sw' (scsi weird) controller. There are no drivers
for any of these, though the sun3 port's si.c driver might port if you
can find a vme si card (vme se cards are more common, I think). That's
after you write the vme code..