Subject: Re: un-compilable sh from tar-balls to current SUP state
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/1994 15:56:17

> seems to be impossible to make build from the extant tarballs of arch-sparc
> to current. sh hangs permanento doing ./mknodes and is ungdb-able.

On the sparc nothing is gdb-able without recent (older than a week) kernel
source.

Also, programs compiled from fresh sources (and header files) likely won't
run on older kernels. Try to build a new kernel first from an up-to-date
/usr/src/sys directory. The existing `config.new' should work fine. Perhaps
building genassym is a bit of a problem, if so, try building with assym.s
included below which was generated on my machine only a few days ago. Use
at your own risk, though...

-pk

#define	BSD	199103
#define	UPAGES	2