Subject: Networking problems/porting emacs 19.22
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeffrey C Honig <jch@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/12/1994 15:11:24
I've been trying to port what will be Gated 3.5Alpha5 to the Apr 24th
binaries.  With minor tweaks to the BSD/386 compilation configuration
I've been able to get it to compile fine, but there are problems
running it:

First, it appears that the system is not processing IP multicast
packets.  Gated's OSPF does not see any, and the system does not
respond to pings to 224.0.0.1.  Pinging 224.0.0.1 from this system
results in the correct response of replies from all multicast capable
hosts on the wite.

Also, IP_RCVDSTADDR does not appear to work for received broadcast IP
packets.  It does work for unicast packets.

I've also not been able to figure out the right machine configuration
to give to emacs-19.22 to result in a successful compile.  Has anyone
done this yet?

Thanks.

Jeff