Subject: i do believe swap sorta is working again...
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: matthew green <mrgreen@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/26/1994 01:29:08
after being away all weekend i decided to upload my sources
(hey, it's been a whole week ;-), so after this was done, i
went to build a kernel, found a typo in ...
compat/sunos/sun_misc.c .. in sunstatfs() ..

ssfs.f_bsize = sp->f_fsize;

instead of

ssfs.f_bsize = sp->f_bsize;

but that was easy to fix...

installed the new kernel, rebooted, and for some reason i
tried swapinfo - and it gave me info, not an error.  i quickly
wrote a program to chew memory (mallocs and writes to a
section of it) .. and eventually got this core file:

32592 -rw-r--r--  1 mrg  wheel  16678912 Apr 26 00:10 a.out.core

which looks suspiciously like 16meg to me.. well, it's close
16777216 is 16meg... and i have 16 meg or physical memory...

so i guess swap is sorta working - i definately had more than
16 mem in use...

one other problem i've been having is the serial driver seems
to like `locking up' ttyb - my modem port - and the only way
to fix it is to reboot, that i've found.  there is a kermit
process stuck, unkillable, also.  any ideas on this one?

also, any news on grotty?  still waitin' for stuff to
recompile.. before i try it again...

.mrg.