Subject: Re: Successfull install
To: None <arnej@dsl.unit.no, port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/08/1994 00:02:28
>Like predicted, I got a
>non-world-writable /tmp directory. Probably the install.sh script
>should use "tar xvpf" and/or have a "umask 0" somewhere.

good point. i'm cleaning this up at the moment...

>The result showed a great deal of
>binary compatibility with SunOS: There were some errors but a lot
>of the SunOS daemons and programs worked just fine, including
>the X server (for a minute I thought I was hallucinating and that
>it was actually running SunOS anyway). I was *very* impressed.

heh heh. been there, done that :-) once i was *massively* confused --
i logged in and it took me a full 2 minutes to figure out why it
wasn't letting me "cd /sys/arch/sparc" ... the netbsd disk on the
machine hadn't answered the probe so it had used the sunos disk as
it's root, which doesn't have a correct "/sys" symbolic link.

pity though: at the moment a sunos emacs binary isn't working and
to figure out why (it used to work).

>I've also recompiled the kernel with the updated sources
>from today, where there was a small bug in the trap.c file, it
>uses the unknown variable 'systab'.

your guess is correct, whoops, hadn't supped yet test that.

to: port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu