Subject: Re: The 11th NetBSD/SPARC machine [Long]
To: None <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US, greywolf@autodesk.com,>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/28/1994 19:31:54
>note:  49 pages lost in translation.

This message is normal.
>Is there something else I need to do?   *Please* don't tell me I need
>to swap scsi IDs because I can't do that with this particular machine

It appears is if the kernel you are booting wants it's root partition
on some other disk. You can try booting with
	boot sd() -a
Try various answers. Just like with SunOS, scsi-id 3 maps to sd0,
scsi-id 0 maps to sd3.

>(for all intents and purposes, except for the mono frame buffer and the
>slightly lower clock speed (NetBSD sez 20MHz, I think it's 33MHz), it's
>basically an IPX (the PROM behaves the same and the memory addressing
>is the same, I think)).

There are no differences between machines, so that could never matter.
All sun4c machines tested thus far work.

>Oh, time for a *real* (probably) stupid question:  If I define things
>right, can I compile with gcc-2.5.8 and have it work, or do I have to be
>able to build gcc under BSD to get it working?  I'm trying to build under
>SunOS and migrate over.

Migrating is going to take you ages. I suggest you get it over with
and install the binary snapshots -- that is what they are there for.
Migrating is *serious grief*, right Paul?

Best yet, wait 2 more days when I'll finally finish ftp'ing the new
snapshot into place.