Subject: Re: Readme Additions & Things To Be Done
To: None <damianm@eram.esi.com.au, port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/27/1994 00:42:41
> *       as this is 0.9a, where can one find the sources that
>         correspond to how it was built?  What relationship
>         does this stuff have to NetBSD-current?  Apart from
>         the 2 page readme, are there any other notes on this
>         version and how things work, what has been done,
>         what does not work, what work needs to be put in,
>         what the relationship to the PC-based work is, etc?

things in NetBSD/arch/* are binary snapshots. They are built
on a random day and made available. there's no promises that
they will work as-is.

i'll be making a new binary snapshot in a few days.. when I
feel comfortable enough that the image of my working machine
can be hoisted once again on the masses.. (i don't have
a 2nd machine w/ disk to test the binary snapshots on).

that's prolly why you found a few errors. so? install /usr/src
on the machine and bring it up to speed.

you prolly should be on the mailing list current-users, where
things of this kind are often discussed.