Subject: Re: kernel binary for ss2
To: None <masahiko@sra.co.jp, port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sran230.sra.co.jp>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/06/1993 23:58:26
> I tried to build a kernel on DTK SS2 clone running sunos 4.1.3.
> But it seems to be hard to complete because of many troubles.
> If I get a NetBSD kernel binary for SS2, I will try to build current NetBSD
> on the kernel instead of sunos.

New kernel doesn't solve problem, I think...

Because for example, sys/arch/sparc/sparc/genassym.c refers `p_rtime' in
struct proc, but sys/sys/proc.h doesn't have this member. And I checked
official 4.4BSD release, member `p_rtime' is in proc.h of 4.4BSD.

It seems something weird, please teach us how to compile sparc version
of NetBSD.
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group