Subject: Re: miniroot for netbsd/landisk [was: Re: install /landisk doc]
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-sh3
Date: 04/13/2007 20:43:15
On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> I tested twice the miniroot on a spare IDE disk.
> Both time, the installation process ended after partition formatting:
> The hyperterminal log is available here: http://www.tumfatig.net/miniroot.zip

Wow.
I didn't expect this to work on the first try. :-)

I've tried booting the same image in gxemul and it didn't work, but even
when giving it a kernel explicitly it hung during kernel startup, so I'm
not sure if gxemul is good for this job.

Anyways: I'm afraid I'm not in a position to debug this, at least I don't
really have an idea. Overwriting may be a problem, though, as this setup
didn't use a ramdisk, so nuking things may indeed be bad for programs. :)

I guess I'll have to see if I can turn this into a miniroot with a
ramdisk-based kernel instead. (Unless someone beats me to this... Uwe? :)

  - Hubert