Subject: Re: miniroot for netbsd/landisk [was: Re: install /landisk doc]
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 04/13/2007 20:20:41
I tested twice the miniroot on a spare IDE disk.
Both time, the installation process ended after partition formatting:
    Command: /bin/mkdir -p /etc
    Hit enter to continue

    There is a big problem!  Can not create /mnt/etc/fstab.  Bailing out!

When I then try to "Run /bin/sh", I get "Bus error".
I'm not sure whether it is related to formatting the disk from where
miniroot booted. I never had such issue doing the same kind of install on
/sparc64 though.

The hyperterminal log is available here: http://www.tumfatig.net/miniroot.zip

Regards