Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: how to install NetBSD/landisk
To: None <port-sh3@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 03/23/2007 01:01:11
--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Fri, Mar 23 2007 - 01:45, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 23:02:57 +0100, Joel CARNAT wrote:
>=20
> > I have build a netbsd-4 release (from my i386 laptop).
>=20
> BTW, releng now builds landisk netbsd-4.
>=20

great!

>=20
> > Now... the stupid question... how do I install it ?
> > Because neither my build nor the releng/HEAD seem to provide INSTALL
> > kernel... :-)
>=20
> Can you tell sh-ipl+g to boot off something else except the internal
> hdd?  I can't seem to get to the sh-ipl+g prompt on my usl-5p, it
> "autotypes" 'b' and loads netbsd mbr boot off the disk (CF).
>=20

I couldn't make it do anything else than boot...
Even the advertised 'l' and 'w' don't work.

>=20
> This link might help: http://www.tokuda.net/diary.gns/200609b.html#1602
>=20

This was nearly perfect !
Unless I missed it, there is no "make your partition active" part.
Fortunately you told me, and NetBSD is running on that beast now :)

I put my notes here http://www.tumfatig.net/docs/00_tut/hardware/BSD%20-%20=
landisk.php
The NetBSD part is not yet finished but will, probably this week-end.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Regards,
	Jo

--huq684BweRXVnRxX