Subject: Re: NetBSD/hpcsh snapshot with X11 sets uploaded to ftp.n.o
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sh3
Date: 03/10/2004 07:45:16
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 20:28:54 +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:

> > Ok, I think the problem is that __udivsi3 (and other millicode
> > routines) are included into libgcc_s.so without being ".hidden".
>
> hmm, afaict this isn't what a stock gcc build will do. You can
> easily enable it though by copying the .S.so .s.so rule from
> libgcc3/libgcc/Makefile to libgcc3/libgcc_s/Makefile and rebuilding.

That helps.  I'm runing hpcsh world freshly compiled with this change.
I cannot easily test this change on other platforms at the moment,
though.  If you can test, can you please commit it?

> The NOTYPE is because
>
> 	gnu/dist/gcc/gcc/config/sh/lib1funcs.asm
>
> doesn't do
>
>         .type   foo, @function
>
> I'm not sure that helps...

I guess it confused the linker, so instead of register corruption
losage mode it resulted in execute code in .bss mode (which made the
problem very apparent).

SY, Uwe