Subject: Re: pkgsrc/lang/gcc3-{c,c++} on dreamcast (Re: Dynamic linking is go (again))
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/09/2003 21:30:14
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:18:23 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> But lang/gcc3-c++ fails with the following errors during
> configure in libstdc++-v3:
>
> ---
> [...]
> checking for ISO C99 support in <stdlib.h>... no
> checking for additional ISO C99 support in <wchar.h>... no
> checking for enabled ISO C99 support... no
> checking for enabled long long I/O support... no
> checking for thread model used by GCC... posix
> checking for exception model to use... configure: error: unable to detect exception model
> gmake: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

Hmm, I manually cross-built native gcc-3.3 for my jornada (on a
FreeBSD/i386 host) and it built the libstc++ just fine.

[...]
checking for enabled long long I/O support... yes
checking for thread model used by GCC... single
checking for exception model to use... sjlj
[...]

Admittedly, I haven't tried to use the resulting native c++ compiler
to compile any c++ code on my jornada (I did use the native c compiler
to compile packages).

SY, Uwe