Subject: Re: Dynamic linking is go (again)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/05/2003 22:30:42
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:

> I notice that ld/emulparams/shelf_nbsd.sh in binutils-2.13.2.1
> sets wrong default ENTRY point and it causes the problem.

If that was the case, then how come I can link working binaries with
my native toolchain, which is also based on binutils-2.13.2.1?
Odd...

Anyway, looking at the crt0.c of i386_elf, they seem to define both
_start and __start to the same address so that the linker can choose
either, and then call the high level entry function "___start".  Maybe
we should do the same?  Then there shouldn't be a compatibility issue
at least.

  // Marcus