Subject: Re: Dynamic linking is go (again)
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/05/2003 23:49:27
On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 03:27:17 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> > If my PIC cross-build (in progress) will get me a working
> > dynamic binaries, that is. ;)

Hmm, so it doesn't work.  Apparently it crashes in _rtld_setup.

I built binutils-2.14, gcc-3.3 (only C, without shared libgcc.so).
Then used that as the EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN to make do-csu, do-libc,
do-libs and do-ld.so.

I had to manually compile crt{begin,end}{,S}.o.

(Our in-tree cross-build infrastructure is really spoiling, I haven't
setup a cross toolchain myself for ages ;).

Perhaps, can you send me your working (on the DC) ld.elf_so, libc.so
and a sample binary?

> Just FYI, groff build will fail due to (probably) gcc-3.3 vs
> old libstdc++ incompatibility.

I don't build it yet, as it has no chance to fit onto my hpcsh's CF
(that already has the static world crammed into it).

SY, Uwe