Subject: Re: Dynamic linking is go (again)
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/05/2003 01:32:28
In article <email@example.com>
> Well, it seems like I have got dynamic linking to work on the
> Dreamcast again. So far I have only tried building libc as a dynamic
> library and running some small programs linked against it, but it
> looks promising. Maybe someone with a little more free disk space
> would like to try to make a dynamic world?
I'm trying to build dynamic binaries on i386 and it is almost done, but
all dynamic linked binaries dump cores even with your ld.elf_so binary :-(
Would you please put some working pic binaries for me to
investigate what is the problem with my cross toolchain?
At least, crt*.o binaries built with my toolchain are exactly
same with yours.
BTW, I see some problems during build world:
- Maybe TOOLCHAIN_MISSING=yes is also required in mk.conf.
- lib/libpthread/arch/sh3/_context_u.S also needs fixes for PIC support.
- libexec/ld.elf_so/arch/sh3/mdreloc.c lacks some function declarations
(and copyright notice).
- Current libexec/ld.elf_so/Makefile implicitly specifies -O3, but
it might cause some problems on sh3 (and other newer arch).
- libexec/identd/netbsd.c needs to include <stdlib.h> for exit(3) prototype.
(not sh3 specific, but maybe gcc3 generic)