Subject: Re: Dynamic linking is go (again)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/04/2003 19:38:23
Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:

> I'm trying to build dynamic binaries on i386 and it is almost done, but
> all dynamic linked binaries dump cores even with your ld.elf_so binary :-(
>
> Would you please put some working pic binaries for me to
> investigate what is the problem with my cross toolchain?

Hm, you mean dynamic executables?  Well, here's the two I have been
using as test cases, they are linked dynamically against the libc.so
that was in the dynkit:  <URL:http://mc.pp.se/dc/files/dyntestbins.tar.gz>

> - lib/libpthread/arch/sh3/_context_u.S also needs fixes for PIC support.

Hm, I though libpthread wasn't supposed to be compiled on sh3, on
account of it not working.  Did somebody fix thread support?
I'll look at the PIC problem anyway.

> - libexec/ld.elf_so/arch/sh3/mdreloc.c lacks some function declarations
>   (and copyright notice).

Which function declarations?

  // Marcus