Subject: Re: Dynamic linking is go (again)
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/03/2003 16:45:35
"Valeriy E. Ushakov" <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> writes:

> Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se> wrote:
>
> > Well, it seems like I have got dynamic linking to work on the
> > Dreamcast again.  So far I have only tried building libc as a
> > dynamic
>
> Great!  Dynamic linking is sorely missing.  It's absence is especially
> painful on hpcsh were the system has to fit onto a small CF card.
>
> PS: Can this discussion be, if not moved, but at least cc'ed to
> port-sh3 as it is pertinent to all sh3 ports. I am not subscribed to
> port-dreamcast, and only been checking it from time to time in the
> past week via nntp gate b/c I saw your commits.

And I am not subscribed to port-sh3, but I don't see a problem with
cross-posting.  :-)

Btw, I noticed that objects opened with dlopen() can not reference
symbols in the main binary.  Does anyone know if this is a sh3-related
issue, or a generic NetBSD bug?  If I link the main binary with the
shared object, it can access the symbol.

  // Marcus