Subject: Re: new pmap
To: UCHIYAMA Yasushi <uch@vnop.net>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-sh3
Date: 04/30/2002 17:21:38
UCHIYAMA Yasushi <uch@vnop.net> writes:

> If you don't use GENERIC, check IOM_RAM_BEGIN. it specify physical
> address not P1 address.

Yes, I noticed that since `make depend' warned about it.

> and I changed bootstrap stack to below the 'start'. Is it not safe?

Should be.  It's safe to use 32k below 'start' if you're using the
BIOS functions, and maybe as much as 64k if you are not (and NetBSD is
not).

Well, as I said I'll investigate further later tonight.  Maybe the
problem is with my cross-compilation setup, I haven't tried making
NetBSD kernels with this particular installation before.  (GCC 3.0.4
on Solaris/SPARC.)

  // Marcus