Subject: Re: Successful cross-build and boot of dreamcast.
To: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
List: port-sh3
Date: 04/27/2002 00:01:22
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:20:35PM -0400, Bill Squier wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:13:24PM -0400, Brian Alliet wrote:
> > On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 07:45 PM, Bill Squier wrote:
> A glance at endian.h will convince you that some other page is getting mixed
> in at the middle of line 88.
>
> Although I really should run some other tests to make sure.

And I did-- writes over NFS to a file server result in spurious additions of
NULs at random points in files.  I'll do more investigating this weekend.

(for context for port-sh3, the previous messages detailed a random failure of
a native dreamcast build with some impossible text appearing in sys/endian.h)

This looks like confirmation of serious pmap problems.

--
Bill Squier (groo@old-ones.com)                          http://www.netbsd.org

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.