Subject: Re: Dreamcast port
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
List: port-sh3
Date: 12/05/2000 20:17:16
On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 01:29:55AM +0100, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> Since I feel that the current Dreamcast BSD development is severely
> hampered by not being a port of its own (there is for example nowhere
> to add DC specific device drivers), I intend to make it my first task
> as a NetBSD developer to create such a port.  Since we are currently
> using a special kernel configuration of the evbsh3 port, my action
> plan looks as follows:

What I would like to see, and I believe this would be a huge step forward
when the time is right. Is a Dreamcast ISO. An ISO you can download and burn
to a CD-ROM and be able to then pop that CD into your Dreamcast and NetBSD
boots. I feel the Bandwidth adaptor that is being released Jan. 3rd will
also be a huge step forward.

Currently what peripherals work with the Dreamcast and NetBSD?

--
Erich Zigler

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. -- H. G. Wells