Subject: Re: The NetBSD Dreamcast port project
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: John Hartnup <john@hartnup.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 09/12/2000 09:54:45
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 09:25:22AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	I believe the person who made the orgiginal port is a little busy
> 	right now :)
>
> 	As far as I know the bet approach to help would be to ensure
> 	you have the necessary setup at your end to compile kernels
> 	(usually a NetBSD/i386 box with cross compiler), and either
> 	a CD writer or appropriate cables to get the kernels across
> 	to the Dreamcast.
>
> 	Once you have that working, pick a feature (keyboard, io ports,
> 	modem), and start coding :)

May I suggest that if people are going to do this, then to avoid
duplication of effort, post here what you're doing, how you're getting on,
that kind of thing.

I'd hate to see someone slave away at (say) CDR filesystem support, only
to find their work duplicated.

Then again, what do I know? I wouldn't know where to start hacking something
like that. I'm hoping to be able to help put together an end-user distribution
when such a thing becomes practical.

               When I came along you were all such jerks
                But now I've come to love your quirks